7.07.2014

We're learning to like Mondays

Please don't hate me. I know, the title alone had you spewing coffee all over your screen...But at least hear me out. I've spent a majority of my life disgusted by Mondays, the day that makes you check in with reality and ponder questions such as "What am I doing with my life?" "Did I really just eat a pop tart for breakfast??" or come to some dramatic conclusions such as "This is going to be the worst day ever" or "There is way too much to be done, I'm never going to finish all of this crap..." Sound familiar? Well, at least for myself, I can relate and claim guilty to all of the above. 
Today I did have a pop tart for breakfast, because although they aren't the best, most nutritious breakfast, hardly do I ever splurge and buy them, and to be blatantly honest they are really good, so there. 
I can't always be super human. I can't always wake up at 7 am and start singing zippity-do-da, and be pleasant and cheerful, flipping pancakes on the griddle and scrambling eggs, but, what I can do is make an effort to accept my reality. I don't have to like what's going on, I don't have to embrace it, but if I can learn to accept it, my life will be a heck of a lot easier.
Now, this is no easy feat. That is why the title is Learning to like Mondays. It's a major process. But today I had a pop tart for breakfast and I've made up my mind & I'm not going to feel guilty about it. I'm going to write a tentative list of all that needs to be done throughout the week, put on some good music for Lu and I to have a dance off to while I load the dishwasher & bundle up the dirty laundry, and most importantly I am going to maximize my time & make progress on getting some of my work finished while Luca naps.
 How could Mondays be so bad when I get to wake up to this face?
So think of Monday as a fresh start, the flip of page, another beginning to another day you get to live.
And yes, I did have a pop tart for breakfast, but Lu and I shared a bowl of watermelon for dessert. (Random tip: Do you know how to remember the difference in spellings between dessert and desert? Just remember that dessert is sooo yummy it deserves two s's!) Can you tell I'm in a better mood already!?
Happy Monday Friends!
I hope you find a way to make your monday a little easier, even if that means pop tarts for breakfast ;)
XO

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this posts!!! I wish I would have saw it this morning! Hopefully I remember it by next Monday!

Chelsie Wood said...

Sometimes the entire week can feel like a Monday! As simple as it is, it's all a practice. It's rewiring our minds cognitively and changing our norms. I'm glad you liked my post! I'll be hosting a give-a-way next Monday to try and lighten the mood! Stay tuned!