7.08.2013

Life Lately.

What has life been like lately? Simply put: Crazy. I can't believe we are at 38+ weeks and are down to counting days rather than weeks until our due date. One thing I can say for certain, I am so DONE with being pregnant! They say the last two weeks are the hardest, but I'm glad they don't give you all the gritty details or I probably would have had a mental breakdown by this point. All uncomfortableness aside, once I start having contractions, I'll probably say "Wait, I'm not ready!" But whether I'm really ready or not, very very soon this will all be over and I'll have my sweet baby boy in my arms :) 

On a side note, it has been so hot here lately! I know what you're thinking, "You live in San Diego for crying out loud! 85 degrees does not constitute heat!" I know, we San Diegans are spoiled, but in all fairness I did live in Riverside for my whole life where it was actually hot in the summers, so I've paid my dues, annnd being as extremely pregnant as I am gives me some sort of freebie to complain about the weather. What I won't complain about is the fact that the Bachelorette is on tonight! How is it that every time I write a blog it's Monday? I'm not sure, but what a happy coincidence! Since not all of you watch the Bachelorette, I'll keep my vent short and sweet. So here we go: Michael has got to go next, he's way too 'prosecutor' and annoying, and that dumb sweatband he's always wearing is lame. James is a fake, and based on how much he sweat through his dress shirt last week he should snag Michael's sweatband and they should both be voted off tonight. As for the rest, Brooks is still my fave, but Drew is growing on me. The Bachelorette is a ridiculous show and I love it. Vent over. Thank you for letting me get that out, now maybe you could offer me some tips as to how to get this kid out?

Miles and I have been homebodies lately since I can't do much going out. And I must say, as much as I am excited to feel better soon and have the ability to roam freely, I can't say I haven't truly enjoyed the time we've been spending in our home. We spent so much time turning our house into a home and it feels good to truly enjoy it. Our lease ends very soon and we will be forced to move due to space restrictions, so I want to relish in it as much as possible before we must part ways. I love our little cottage by the sea, and I will be so sad to leave it behind, but I'll be forever grateful that it was the place we first brought our baby home to because it is definitely deserving of that. Before I get too gushy over it and cry my eyes out, what I was originally trying to say was, in spending more time at home we've been productive and constructive. We saw this amazing looking drink the other day so we tried to replicate it and it was a total success. If it's hot where you live, or you just like good tasting things you should definitely give it a go. It was very simple to make, and required few ingredients. Here's the recipe:

Watermelon Agua Fresca
2 cups cold water
2 cups diced watermelon (rind and seeds removed)
2 tablespoons cane sugar
Juice of 1/2 a lime

In the blender, mix water, watermelon, sugar, and lime juice until consistency is smooth. Using a fine mesh strainer, strain the mixture and allow to chill in the fridge for about 30 minutes. Serve over ice and enjoy!


I hope you all have a great week and hopefully I'll have some big news next time I sign on here! xoxo

No comments: