10.15.2013

Another post about Luca

Here's a sneak preview of Luca's halloween "day" costume. I say "day" because he has more than just one costume. He'll be a dinosaur throughout the day and at night he'll break out into his custom costume. We won't be premiering his other costume until halloween because Luca requested a suspense build up! So stay tuned and trust me when I say it will be worth the wait! 

But really...since when do dinos have ghost socks and leggings?

From the day we brought him home, this baby has been flexing those legs straight. Not to mention,
I'm completely jealous of the muscular tone in his thighs. How does a youngster keep so sculpted? 
It's as if he was doing squats in the womb...
Exhibit A

As far as upper body goes, I've yet to find Luca's neck, and tell me those chubby cheeks aren't the best thing since sliced bread! Being constantly surrounded by two such handsome men can be overwhelming, but I've adjusted just fine ;) And Miles is such a good dad...He and Luca are two peas in a pod. Somehow, even after all the time I spend with Luca, he gives Miles his biggest gummy smiles, his loudest giggles and squeaks, and his most drooly of kisses. It's as if he saves them up just for him completely unfair


How could I ever deny him? He looks up at me and those big blue eyes just beam "mama!" and my heart could burst into a million pieces.
I'm constantly thinking up different topics to blog about but somehow as I scroll through my thousands of pictures of Luca (literally, thousands) I can't seem to stop talking about how happy he makes me, and of course I have to throw in a couple brags in true mom form. Since Luca, life feels so natural, my life feels so purposeful and I just want to share it with the world! Eventually I'll write about other things but this blog was intended to document the life and times of my family and right now this is my world. Just as I finished typing that last sentence Luca began fussing. I went over and picked him up and draped him atop my chest. He instantly relaxed and his legs curled up into the fetal position. He fell asleep with his arms hugging around me. He needs me, and I can't tell you how amazing that feels. And on that note, I'm calling it a night.

No comments: