8.17.2014

Toddler Meals & Lazy Sundays

With Luca's front teeth fully emerged, pureed baby food is no longer of any interest to him, but have no fear--those of you with younger babes--I am still working on a post on how I made Luca's baby food when my baby boy had only gums *tear.* Toothless babies are so adorable which is why I was so sad when his teeth came in, but I must say Luca's baby teeth are quite possibly some of the cutest things I have ever seen! He looks like a mini Brit with his London gap between his two top teeth! ( Speaking of Brits, He & Prince George were born on different days but only hours apart) But Luca is our little prince and I could just stare at him chewing for hours. He is so meticulous about how he chews, carefully over-exaggerating each chomp to make sure he is ready for his next bite. He also prepares himself by double-fisting a blueberry in each hand so to make sure he's prepared for that moment when he swallows to devour that next bite!
A healthy diet is a colorful diet, so we try to make his meals an array of colors. Some great finger foods, as you can see below, are blueberries, strawberries, and macaroni with chopped & cooked broccoli topped with a small sprinkle of parmesan cheese. Yum! Sometimes I just double up when I am prepping & indulge in the same meal myself!
Other favorites we always have on hand are this organic quinoa & kale blend we found at Costco, Fage brand greek yogurt, seasonal fruits, and baby goldfish!

I hope you are enjoying your weekend! If you follow me on instagram (@chelsieinreallife) you know Miles is out of town for what has felt like an eternity. This is the longest we've ever been away from one another. I'm praying & hoping I can keep things at bay for just a tad longer!
Were having a lazy sunday, straightening up the house, Luca throwing about everything I just put away, and me lounging in my favorite yoga pants of all time--these pants make me feel like my sanity is intact and I have everything under control--between you and I, neither is true, but let's just keep that one between us ;) Although, I'm pretty sure the spilled cheerios gave it away...
Here's to a quick and easy week ahead!
Heaven is a place on earth :)
xx

No comments: