4.24.2015

WEEKLY ROUNDUP & SOME FRIDAY FAVORITES

guyyysss, how are you?! long time no talk. how are you?! great i hope? i mean it is  friday after all! thank the lord. I headed back to work after a wonderful spring break and i am happy to see my "kids," but miss being home with my baby. does that make any sense? being so close to summer, i am literally becoming delusional. i feel like my response to everything is "why not?"  "mrs. wood, can i sit under my desk and do my work?" "why not?""can i practice my headstand in the corner?""why the heck not?!" it's getting ridiculous.
 it is becoming crunch time over here because there are only five weeks left in my school year and then i'm off for summer, which also means no pay for me. you could say i'm feeling a little stressed. somehow, i know things will work out aka i'll hustle it out, but i wish i could see into the future as to the whole "how it's going to work out" is gonna go down. i'm a planner, and not knowing where my future paycheck will be coming from or how my bills will get paid has me feeling super anxious. thanks for bearing with me through this entire journey, and as promised, i do have some really exciting news, in regards to this little blog of mine, to share with you really soon! i hope i can keep my mouth shut! soon enough, soon enough... 
well there you have it, our weekly roundup and here are a few of our favorite things from this week: 
i'm loving this article about how to snack responsibly by the coveteur. my family and i have been trying to maintain healthier eating habits as well as staying active. with all the calories were burning, we need to make sure to have small meals throughout the day. this article spells it all out for you, and makes eating responsibly seem far less intimidating and much more doable, and i like that. 
in talking about healthy lifestyle choices, have you checked out simple green smoothies' website yet? they share an abundance of green smoothies that will keep you feeling energized and less sluggish. if you sign up for their mailing list, they'll send you recipes and challenges accompanied by grocery store lists and all that jazz. i'm a mom, i like need easy & tangible! you'll have to check them out!
in wrapping up all this food talk, we ate brunch last sunday at the mission inn. it was by total coincidence. i had found a gift card to the hotel when going through some of my mom's old things & miles suggested we try it. i was born and raised in this town and somehow this little secret had escaped me! it's probably for the better considering i may or may not have eaten multiple waffles. breakfast is welcome morning, noon, and night, so brunch is just pretty much my favorite invention of all time. if you're ever in my area, you must check it out! brunch buffet. seriously, what more must i say? and if you go on a saturday, be sure to hit the local farmer's market afterward! fun stuff!
ok, so before you gain five pounds from reading this, i have to talk about this podcast i stumbled upon.  have you heard of serial? oh em gee. this is too much, i became totally addicted to the series and finished all the episodes within a week. it's a murder mystery, and i cannot say anymore except comment me when you get into it and we can talk it up!
hope you have a wonderful weekend! i'll try to get our easter photos up this weekend! well, you'll see them before may, that i can promise!
xo

No comments: