1.08.2014

New Year, New faves.

We're one week into the new year and I want to talk about a few things I'm really into right now.

1. First up on the list, Salad in a Jar. Omg, how did I just now learn about this??? I was at the bank the other day and the teller told me about this phenomenon. As soon as I got home I looked it up on pinterest and found tons and tons of recipes. This is a great "take your lunch to work" idea because you can make a week's worth ahead of time and take them with you, granted you have a refrigerator or cooler. Then when it's time to eat, shake it up and pour it onto a plate. And since the number one new year's resolution is to lose weight/eat healthier, this should be a hit.  Here's the gist of it:
photo via pinterest

2. Keeping with the "healthy" theme, number two on my list is Tone it Up's "Love Your Body Series." If you watch bravo, you may have caught the brand new series "Toned Up" which is a spin off of a healthy lifestyle website/blog called Tone It Up. My friend Stefanie told me about this site about 6 months ago. She was obsessed with it and knew I'd be into it too (Especially after just having a baby, um yes please). It's ran by two gorgeous and very in-shape girls, Katrina and Karena, who always have great work out tips and healthy recipes to share. Right now they are running the "Love Your Body" series which is a great way to learn a few new quick and effective work outs that you can incorporate into your daily life to help you to lose weight and tone up along the way. Just in time for v-day <3! Yay!

3. Crock Pot Bean Posole. I made this a little while ago and have been itching to make it again. It was so delicious and ridiculously easy. It's perfect for the chillier weather were having, and extremely appropriate for my east coast friends and family! (Personal tip: shred tons of cheese on top and add lots of lime to it, this takes the flavor up tremendously and completes the dish in my opinion).

4. The Bachelor. Juan Pablo. Yes, the new season has begun! I'm sure you remember all my wild rants about "The Bachelorette" last season. If you don't, you're probably better off, but if you do you know I was way too into it. No joke, I was in heavy labor watching "the men tell all" special. I am a devoted fan to this ongoing ridiculous, yet totally entertaining series and I am not ashamed to say so. Expect many more of those blusters this season. In fact, I'll throw one in now. First episode, all the women are being introduced (Name, age, location, occupation) and I kid you not this one chick is 24 and her occupation is "Free Spirit." WTH?!! In what world does that constitute a career? It's like claiming you are a "Stay at home Wife" when you have no kids. Another girl claimed her career "Dog Lover." All of these so called "careers" translate into one thing, UNEMPLOYED, own it. Glad I got that out. Anyway, I picked up these adorable onesies for Luca specifically for the occasion! Love them!
Onesies can be found here and here.

5. Lush Bath Melts. My husband brought me home a few of these the other day, and last night I actually found time to fit in a bubble bath, so I dropped in this dream time melt and it made my dry skin so so soft by the time I got out! It had these pretty gold flecks in it and looked so pretty, I almost didn't want to use it! The best part about Lush, is all of their cosmetics are natural, vegan, and handmade. I can't wait to try a few of the bath bombs next time!

6. And last, but certainly not least, I've enjoyed waking up to this face lately. Miles has been out of town since Sunday and I've been on full-time mommy duty, which I can in no way complain about. This little one makes my heart flutter and burst into a million pieces and his whole being beams like the sun. There is simply nothing like having a baby boy and I feel honored to be this one's mother. 

No comments: