6.25.2014

8. 9. & 10. Month Roundup


Oh my, my, my. I cannot believe we have reached the 11 month mark. My baby boy is hardly a baby anymore...I sometimes catch myself telling stories about my "newborn," only to realize I'm no longer a new mom with a infant. Somehow things still feel new to me. Each chapter is new, and everyday is new. Today a woman at the department store wrapped a scented silk ribbon around my wrist and asked me, "What do you say yes to?" I responded instantaneously with the first thing that popped into my head and replied, "change." Now that one must have come from somewhere deep in my subconscious because I wouldn't say that I give the warmest of welcomes to alterations unless of course they entail taking in a beautiful Vince Camuto dress or hemming a brand new pair of blue jeans. I could have answered yes to anything--to traveling, to shopping, to happiness, to Luca always, to world peace, or to a free bottle of the amazing perfume this woman was the rep for (it had black currant in it. BLACK CURRANT PEOPLE.), but no, I responded with "change," and I have no idea  where "change" came from. I suppose I am more open to it than I thought, either that or the gypsy, my sagittarius husband, is really starting to rub off on me. We left my longtime home and up and put roots down further north, which I can't lie and say I was ecstatic about. It's as if one minute you are living where people vacation and the next you are staring at a photograph of the ocean as you sit in the AC because it is 100 degrees outside and you're starting to feel like a "Damn toucan." I swear I'm about to click clack my red glittered shoes together, close my eyes tightly, and chant "There's no place like home" over and over again until I open my eyes and I'm back at the beach. Not only is it hot, but relocating has brought with it the usual protocols such as having to make new friends, finding a new hot yoga studio, acclimating my skin to the high desert, figuring out a new routine, and re-familiarizing myself with my childhood home. It's not as bad as I'm making it out to be, I'm just missing my cottage by the sea. Soon I will find my new normal, I'll readjust, and I'll do my best to find the good in every situation. So I'm saying yes to change. We are almost completely settled in our new digs and I cannot wait to sit down, put my feet up, and call it a day. But before I do that, here are our 8, 9, and 10 month favorites. Enjoy!
 1. Safari Walker \\  This walker is perfect for the transition between crawling and walking. Luca loved playing with all the buttons and listening to the tunes before he was able to stand up on his own. And now that he's furniture cruising and balancing on his own, this little tool is great for Luca to practice walking around.
 2. Umbrella stroller \\  This light-weight and compact stroller is essential for when you need to run in and out somewhere running errands. 
3.Baltic Amber teething necklace \\ We swear up and down by this necklace. This may just be the most useful item on this list. If you aren't familiar with baltic amber it works by rubbing with the heat of your skin and creating a natural analgesic. Luca sprouted three teeth in a week and barely made a peep. I can't say enough good things!
4. Calm Forte Tablets \\ These are chamomile tablets so even though the package says ages 2+, they are totally safe. We've had both sides of our family recommend these for when Luca is overly tired or fussy and just like the tea, they help!
5. Safety First Cabinet Locks \\ These are rad. I could leave it at that. They are a total bitch to install but totally worth it. You use a little magnet to open the locks and there's a switch for when baby is asleep so you don't have to fuss with a child proofed kitchen.
6. Teething bunny \\  You know the old phrase "if it ain't broke don't fix it?" Well they make things simple for a reason. Luca likes this teether the most out of all his fancy-shmancy ones.
7.Mustela Lotion \\ I was recommended this lotion by a fellow mom and it is the best smelling baby product of all time. I feel like if you could bottle up the magical scent of a baby and sell it you'd place second because Mustela already did it. It's also really great for moisturizing Luca's eczema.
 8. Sippy \\ Luca loves water and is obsessed with straws, so sippy cups with straws are all the rage in this household.
9. High chair \\ This high chair doubles as a kids seat when your baby outgrows the highchair and Miles and I love products that are duel purposed. Plus it is so cute and doesn't look like most of the high chairs out there or how a hummer looks in a parking spot-- way too big.
 10. Ella's Puffits \\ These are Luca's favorite snack. We love all Ella's offers, but these are great because they are free of oats and sugar. They don't have all the added crap most of the other brands contain, just a couple simple ingredients and in this day and age that's hard to find!
11. Maxi Cosi Pria 70 Car seat \\ Lastly, but certainly not least...Luca is a beast for his age and so at 8 months the infant seat had to go. His feet were touching the back seat and he looked so uncomfortably squished. We read tons of reviews and decided on this plush seat. I love that it's comfortable and extremely safe. Worth every penny!
Well I'd better get swimming' or I'll sink like a bone, cause' the times they are a changin'
I wish you all a great rest of the week! 
Happy hump day!

No comments: