7.01.2014

Hello July, and June Goodbye.


I am so happy for last week to be over. Never in my life did I think I'd say T.G.I. Monday, but yesterday I did. It all started heading downhill the past week when early on in the week our water heater's pressure release valve exploded and flooded out our garage. I'm talking puddles of water everywhere--hot & steamy water for that matter. I felt like I was in a musky swamp. Floods make for  such glorious alarm clocks. It's amazing how alert you become when you realize your favorite leather bag is submerged in water. Fortunately most of the water soaked things we were already planning on getting rid of, although a few boxes were sopped that we actually liked (R.I.P said handbag). 
Then, later on in the week I badly burnt my knee hemming our curtains. It blistered instantaneously and I had to yell something along the lines of "Mother Pucker," since Luca was present. I'm working on cleaning up my sailor mouth because the last thing I need is for Luca's first word to be something that would need to be bleeped out had it been on TV. I hear it takes 21 days for a person to break a habit, so I suppose now's as good enough time as ever to start. Speaking of breaking habits, Luca has been pacifier free for 5 nights and 4 days now! Hallelujah! I am so so proud of him. I've been replacing the binky with other comforting distractions and I'm not sure he even remembers the paci's gone. It was the perfect time to wean him. I prepared for the worst and it wasn't bad at all. I anticipated temper tantrums and chaos, but really there hasn't been any issues except for when I'm trying to get him down to sleep for the night. The paci's are now packed away out of sight, out of mind. So, I'm marking that one off my checklist; We had one successful crack at something during our week from hell. Praise the Lord.
A few other events from last week that made notable appearances include the time I had scraped the back of my ankle on a metal bin at Ikea taking off a good chunk of my skin and then walking around the never-ending showroom playing it "cool." I cried like a baby inside. I'm known to be pretty clumsy, but last week really topped the charts.The final straw that broke the camel's back was when my car was shat on by what I could only assume to be some sort of  pterodactyl considering the square footage this bird poop covered.  I'm talking a HUGE, GINORMOUS, DISGUSTING shit stain on my number. I know you probably shouldn't use words like "poop" or "shit stain" on your blog, but I'm pushing new boundaries here. There was just no way around it. If you are offended, excuse my french, and just so you know according to Taro Gomi "Everyone Poops."
 Anyhow, I'm assuming I'm paying karmic debt of some kind, but hopefully I've settled my dues, because I need to catch a break off a reese's cup or something.
Unrelated to last weeks scheme of events, today I woke up feeling under the weather and I think it's from spreading myself too thin. I'm mentally, physically, and in all other ways exhausted. Thankfully, today my only obligations entailed paying our bills and catching up on some zzzs. My granny came over to help me with Luca (can I get an Amen? AMEN!) and I tried to sleep off the awful clamminess only to wake up feeling more clammy and nauseous. Don't worry folks, I'm not pregnant. I know what all you nosies are thinking! I'd be thinking the same thing, but fortunately this story doesn't play out like one of those horrid "I didn't know I was pregnant until I pooped out my baby into my toilet." What is with all the poop gestures today??! Sorry Granny. Not that it would be the end of the world, but I'm trying to enjoy my Lu for a bit before I give him a sibling. And even more so, I'm horrified to experience the pregnancy I had with Luca all over again. Maybe one day I will get over it and brave it once more, for now we are content.
Well I'm signing off here, I hope you all have a splendid week and an even better 4 day weekend. I'm so excited for the fourth of July! Be safe, enjoy the fireworks, and keep it classy! Other than not feeling so hot today, July is already proving much better than June.  I'm excited to celebrate my mom, my dad, and my baby's birthdays throughout the month. I cannot believe I'm about to be the mother of a 1 year old!!!! ay ay ay. There are simply not enough hours in the day.
Don't Blink ;)
xx

No comments: