7.03.2014

Happy Fourth of July Eve!

We are ready over here for some real 4th of July fun! I've been anticipating this holiday weekend since last year when I was ultra pregnant and didn't want to take part in anything. We watched the fireworks from the Del Mar Fairgrounds. Let me make that clear, we weren't actually at the fair but driving past it on the freeway and we just so happened to see the fireworks popping off at that exact moment. This year were heading out to newport beach and I'm wondering how Luca will take all the loud noises. Fingers crossed he is so amused by all the bright lights he doesn't even notice the blaring pops. Below is the outfit Luca will be sporting along with some traditional July 4th must haves such as sparklers and bomb pops. Also, don't forget the sunscreen!!! Babyganics makes a good one for kids and you can bet your bottom dollar Luca will be lathered in it all weekend long and I'll have some sort of bucket hat or fedora on him to protect that precious face!
Here's Luca's collection of pacifiers. Pacifiers are like socks, they go missing constantly and disappear into vast nothingness. I am ecstatic to say "Peace out pacis!" Although it seems to be just another reminder that my little boy is growing up faster than I would like :/ Today I played my last round of hide and go seek--me vs. the binksters, and I think I found them all. I looked through drawers, hampers, under Luca's crib, in the diaper bag, in the car, and countless other places, but I'm sure there are many more out there just waiting to show face once Luca has fully weaned. But today I'll say I won. Today is day 6 and were still going strong binky-free! I think it is safe to say that Luca is moving on, I'm not going to hold my breath though...If I've learned anything about motherhood it's that nothing is impossible--that and never use absolutes such as never or always. Almost always you will be proven wrong. Good ol' Murphy's Law.
Never (ya see! there we go again, the proof is in the pudding people) did I think sleeping in until 8 am would be a luxury. Now if I make it until 8 I hug and kiss Luca over and over saying "thank you, thank you, thank you!" He has no clue why I'm so happy but he laughs and shares kisses anyway. Many things are a luxury these days...showers are baptismal, naps are totally underrated, brushing my hair--are dreads coming back into style soon?, changing out of my pjs before 11 is all that and a bag of chips, peace & quiet is golden, unless Lu is awake, then it's suspicious..I could go on and on and on. 
Our breakfast routine usually consists of anything we can plop in the toaster. Other criteria include anything that can be eaten with your hands or more specifically, one hand. Anything that you can shovel down your throat while also fixing a bottle and heating up baby food gets the green light. And I'm seriously contemplating buying pop tarts the next time I'm at the grocery store only because you can eat them hot or cold, genius. There have been times where I almost sip Luca's bottle instead of my tea. Simply put, our mornings are a hot mess. We go through phases alternating between bagels or toast, cliff bars or strawberry greek yogurt, but either way I love eating breakfast on my toast plate. It makes me feel like I have my life together when I totally do not.
Other shenanigans happening in the Wood household include planning for Luca's first birthday party! As I have mentioned before, we have so much family and so many friends and therefore, there is somuch. to be done. Luca's first birthday will be woodland themed and so I got to work making his invitations completely hedgehog themed, and I am so happy with how cute & whimsical they came out!
Hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable holiday weekend! 
Enjoy the long weekend, Lord knows this house will need it.
Keep on rockin' in the free world!
XO
Chelsie

No comments: