9.19.2014

A little bit of fall and a whole lot of pumpkin.

 
Happy Friday Friends! Friday has had me knee deep in desperation since Tuesday. I've been filling in as a sub all week & to keep it short and sweet, it has been one of "those" weeks. It seems like everyone is starting to fall sick while I chase my probiotics with a double dose of airborne--I'm all about that preventative maintenance. And holy heatwave! No wonder everyone is dropping like flies, there is absolutely nowhere the germs can go, they just jello around in the thick, thick heat only to be inhaled by children who have been bathed in hand sanitizer their entire lives. No one stands a chance. It's apocalypse now. It's everyone for themselves & I'm trying not to touch anything. It seems like even making eye contact dooms you, so to all my fellow teachers out there, look away & don't lock eyes with anyone...I'm totally kidding, but in reality it's a runny nose- bloody nose-migraine headache-sinus infection-allergy attack-hacking cough-recipe for disaster. At one point I was teaching french. And let me just preface by saying this: Bonjour, merci, si vous plait, and au revoir--that is the extent of my French right there. I had to wing it like a cockatoo, but I pulled through (I'm holding my son's mustache photo prop up to my face and laughing like a true frenchman muah ha ha) take that. 
In better news, the weather is beautiful today--cold, overcast, just how we fall-obsessed women like it! 
About half way through my week, the A.C. in my classroom went out. yep. dun dun dun! You think it was hard to keep their attention before? The complaining and the nagging alone sans a broken thermostat was enough to make you a loose screw. What first world problems we have, god forbid I have to hear one more kid complain about not getting the iPhone 6. This past week was enough to make anyone throw in the towel but in a weird way I feel no less love for my job, I absolutely love it. Isn't it great when you are doing something you forget you are even getting paid for? That right there is the good life. 
This gloomy weather can only result in one thing, daydreaming about some of our favorite things this autumn for both mama & baby. I hope this sways you to go out to bath & body works and stock up on all their pumpkin-marsmallow-spiced cider-latte-cinnimon bun-all things delicious-goodness. Or at the very least,  drink some eggnog in which you have spilt way too much brandy, sprinkle some nutmeg atop, light a fire and curl up watching your favorite movie. Thank goodness for minimum days, I'll be joining you shortly!
1 || 2 || 3 || 4 || 5 || 6 || 7 || 8
Have a pumpkin-anything filled weekend as mine will be filled with my own little pumpkin Lu & we are on a mission to start getting our house ready for fall. Don't know how much I'll actually get done but the effort will be in full force! Love to you and yours. 
xo Chelsie

No comments: