9.29.2014

monthly favorites are back!

I am feeling really guilty about letting up on the monthly faves & the truth of the matter is, not a whole lot has been altering the past couple of months in terms of new products we love, so I wanted to wait to premier our monthly favorites once we had a nice little bundle of goods built up to share. So without further ado, here you have it!
Coola Sunscreen- We used to use Babyganics brand sunscreen, until my friend who works for Coola Organics insisted we try the Coola Baby line. We were sold immediately. The sunscreen is a mineral sunblock & has an amazing liquid to powder feature. Once you begin to rub in the sunscreen on your baby, they become perfectly powdered & protected without becoming the usual greased up butterball, ready for the oven on Thanksgiving like most conventional sunscreens turn them into. 
OXO Tot Sippy Cup- After Luca turned a year, we took him off the bottle and switched him to a sippy cup for rice milk and a straw cup for when he drinks water. Hands down, after many trials and errors with other sippy cup brands, this has become our absolute favorite cup. Let me start by saying, it only has 3 pieces!!!! That right there could sell any parent! The pieces are easy to clean, the handle feature is removable and best of all, no leaks! 
Temporal Thermometer- Have you ever tried to take a one-year-olds temperature via mouth, underarm, or rectally? In my experience, it's nearly impossible...especially if they aren't feeling well. Luca got his first ever flu/temperature shortly after his first birthday, and it was horrible. He was sick for nearly three full days and monitoring his fluctuating temperature was a must. Although necessary, it felt unfeasible and torturous on my part, especially with him feeling down in the dumps. I did a little research and I was so happy when I found you could take a baby's temperature temporally. I ran out to pick one up immediately & this was the one I found. It worked out perfectly. I was able to take Luca's temperature while he slept, without upsetting him, quickly & accurately--a dream! 
Safety 1st Magnetic Locking System- I'm not gonna lie, these are a pain in the you know what to install, but once they are in, they are great. You use a little magnetic key to unlock them during the day and when the baby is sleeping at night, there is a feature that allows you to keep them unlocked so you aren't struggling with frustration trying to get that bag of popcorn to pop before your show comes back on!
Stride-Rite Tennies- These are great for babies just beginning to walk. I could tell Luca was tripping over some of the other shoes he was wearing and I wanted to get him a pair of shoes that were good on his feet. I've heard my fair share of reasons as to why babies need good shoes for when they first start walking. We went with Stride-Rite because they have been around forever! Miles and I both wore them as babies, and once we found the perfect pair for Luca he was off and running! They have a soft & bendable sole which moves with babies' feet, and better yet they have a vast selection of styles & colors!
Charlie Banana Cloth Diapers- Luca wets himself in the night with his regular diapers & we were using huggies overnight diapers, but found they were expensive & bad for the environment. We opted to try cloth diapers (just to use for the nights) and so far, so good. We are still trying to get the system down, so I will share more when we have a solid routine down, but so far my favorite brand we have tried is Charlie Banana. 
Uppa Baby Cruz Stroller- This is my favorite thing on the list & we have been using it since Luca was about 5 or 6 months old. I'll let you do your own research on it because I know everyone has different preferences when it comes to strollers, but I can tell you that we like it because it's lightweight, convertible, easy to fold, has attachment/add-on features, and a huge cargo basket underneath. I love it more than I can say & I highly recommend this brand for all new parents or parents to be! I wish we would have chose it from the get go and I hope if you choose this brand for yourself, you enjoy it as much as we have and still do!



Luca's 14 Month Stats!
Weight: 27 lbs
Height: 32 in. long!
Favorite Book: I love reading Pat the Bunny & Room on the Broom
Favorite Song: I love the song "You've got a friend in Me" from Toy Story and the classic "The Itsy Bitsy Spider!"
First Word: Other than mama and dada, my first word was "duck," though I haven't said it since!
Favorite Activities: Being outside & exploring, standing on my skateboard, snuggling with mama & papa, throwing balls everywhere, giving lots of kisses, and my all time favorite thing to do is dance!
Favorite Foods: I love to eat quinoa & kale, cheese, beans, and eggs!
How many teeth?: I have six teeth! 4 on top and 2 on bottom! I also have a gap between two top teeth!

Thank you for following with us this past 14 months! I wonder where the time has gone, but I feel fortunate that I can look back here on my blog and actually see where the time has went as my short term memory is totally shot! I am so thankful for my beautiful & healthy baby boy, and I am thankful for all of you who have offered me kind words or advice or just commented to share your thoughts and feelings, I love and cherish each and every one of you. People who pretend to read my blog to make me feel good about myself (It's working.) I love you too!
Have a wonderful Monday! Were off to a wedding by the sea! Love is in the air!
Love, love, and more love to all of you...
Chelsie

No comments: