9.23.2014

Happy Autumn Equinox!

Oh yes, this is the day I have been waiting for. It is officially socially acceptable for me to start going bat shit crazy about pumpkins, scattering leaves EVERYWHERE, wearing sweaters, scarves, & leggings, baking anything that contains cinnamon, all spice and/or streusel, watching holiday Hallmark movies, sipping hot cocoa, and singing Christmas Carols (well maybe not so much the last one, but I'll most likely do it anyway). Fa-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la......?
My new job has taken me by storm. I'm currently student teaching under the professor I'll be taking over for as she is due to go into labor any day now & therefore, so am I. Luckily enough my labor is much less painful and I'll be getting paid. Winning!
Did I mention my Lu is in a contest? He's about 50 votes behind an elderly woman. Usually, I like to respect my elders and wish them the best, but this time I'm saying we need to collectively take. her. down. No exclamation marks because I'm serious. Karen messed with the wrong Mama Kat! This is business were talking here, coffee is on the line for pete's sake! Anyone with a child knows what types of drastic measures one may take in order to get that joe. Ironically enough, I don't drink coffee or caffeine, but my husband does as if it were the fountain of youth & I'm looking forward to the T-shirt (If you read my entry a few posts back where I talk about drinking Trader Joe's Low Acid Cold Brew, well, we had a good run, but I had to bid it adieu. The caffeine and my anxiety just do not mix, which I will talk about in an upcoming post, if you have further questions regarding that wack but necessary exclusion contact me directly via instagram or email). Anyway, way off topic there, here we are landing the private jet (cause if this is my fantasy, were in a private jet.) Private jet here, coming in for landing, hold on tight to your mimosas--If you would like to help the cause click here: You will be redirected to the page where you must click on the check box next to Luca's photo. He's on a skateboard. He's rad. He's a winner! And most importantly he's ready for Fall, skeleton jammies & all!
 I wish you all a great rest of your week courtesy of Luca and his burrito! I ate so many burritos when I was pregnant with him, Miles thought I may just birth one, and in a way I did--our little burrito loves burritos, but this close to the border, who doesn't? Chipotle sound good for lunch tomorrow? Great, I'll see ya there! Oh wait, my butt is ringing in mooing & saying Chipotle is a no go. Grain salad is on the menu....waaaa....Have fun without me...Make me jealous by hash-tagging your burrito eating photos #amomentonthelipsforeveronthehips and I'll cry fat-free tears into my salad. Peace & burritos always. xo Chels



No comments: