12.01.2014

How to stuff the eff out of a lady's stocking

If you couldn't tell from my collage, I'll just come right on out and say it--I'm a plain jane these days. I don't even feel shameful. The whole "less is more" concept seems to become more of value to me as time goes on, and let me tell you, It feels so good. I don't need hundreds of textures and patterns on a day to day basis. I like comfort, subtleness and maybe, just maybe, if you're lucky you'll get a splash of color or touch of glitz out of me. My motto is "I want everything I wear to look nice, but feel like pajamas" and that's how I roll. Nowadays, champagne pink, lilac, white, and rose gold won't stop yapping in my ears, so I told them I would give them some face time, and they agreed they'd calm down if I told you how underrated they feel. Maybe now that I put it in writing the obsession will end? Doubt it, but I'm ok if it sticks around. 

1. This first item is swell. No, really, that's its name, S'well! And it's damn swell & handy that this trendy little bottle can keep my tea hot for 12 hours or iced for 24. I have a similar model--what is this, a car??? (water bottles these days...sheesh)--anyway, I have a similar model that is a coffee thermos and it seriously is no joke. I'll make my tea at 6 am and burn my tongue at noon. What more could a mother want? Really though, how many times do you reheat your drink in the morning? Problem solved.

2. I don't know a lot about headphones, but what I do know is this Frend's set is so pretty! Now you may just stop in your steps, but I'm being honest when I say I think the sound is good in the Apple brand headphones, so anything upgraded from those is just a cherry on top of the cake.

3. These adorable cream and sugar containers are whimsically designed to look like little milk cartons. Backstory: My husband and I are obsessed with coffee mugs, as in we have more mugs than money, so naturally we should have a cute cream and sugar set to compliment them? Who am I kidding? I cannot justify this addiction, but I also cannot denounce it. Let's be honest, you need these too.

4. This is such a great holiday polish color to compliment any cozy cable knit sweater & you have the option to put a touch of sparkle if you please. I ordered a few sets to stuff stockings when they were on clearance for black friday! I love a good sale!

5. Rain boots aren't exactly necessary in southern California especially while we're in the midst of a drought, but it rained today! It rained for maybe 5 minutes total, but it rained! And I hope it continues to rain. Regardless, the fam and I are off to the east coast later this week and I'm in desperate need for rain boots. Last time I was there a flash flood broke out in the middle of august and I was wearing ballet flats that ended up sopped. I had to buy an overpriced umbrella from a bum out of desperation and walk miles in total discomfort. I will not be caught off guard like a total tourist this time! And these are versatile enough that you could wear them sans rain. 

6. Ok, reference item #3. Mug madness is happening right now. I told you I have a serious problem, but if my mugs were my students, this would be the teacher's pet. A gold lipstick stain?!! Is this real life?! This is probably my favorite item on the list, and also most likely the least expensive. I told you I was simple, didn't I?

7. I've been shopping watches for a really long time now and this watch so suddenly walked into my life, and at that exact moment all my questions were answered. I like a product that prioritizes quality before quantity. This watch is a sturdy, moderately/fairly priced, and a diamond in the ruff. Look a little closer, yeah that is still a diamond. I like to stack it with bracelets, yet have no problem wearing it stripped down. Simple pleasures really do still exist! 

8. These are the two scents I wear, and both perfumes come in roller balls which is great for when you don't want to drop a large sum on something you aren't entirely sure will blend well with your natural scent. Philosykos is my favorite, however, and Carven places second. 

9. Lipstick holder - this is more of a conversation starter than it is a lipstick holder, and it is always really depressing when someone says, "wow, where did you get that?" and you have to reply "Anthro," rather than explaining to them how it was passed down to you from your great grandmother's grandmother and so forth, but nonetheless, it's charming and lovely and I think every girl deserves one. If you aren't a lipstick kinda gal, no worries, it fits mascara tubes, roller ball perfumes, and lip glosses, etc. To top things off, Anthropologie is offering free shipping on all orders for Cyber Monday today! 

10. Mini Wallet- Fossil makes all around good products and better yet, I linked you to a mini wallet that I found from them on sale! If you want to get to the one I posted in my collage (which is blush pink on the interior by the way!) you can go directly through Fossil's website. I like to have a mini wallet in my bag for the purpose of carrying just my license and main cards in it for when I need to quick run into the store and don't want to lug the whole diaper bag. Luca is at the age now where we can stand to be without the diaper bag emergency rations for a solid thirty minutes while making a quick run into Trader Joe's or Target. Is a quick run into these places even possible? I ask myself that question far too often. Am I alone here? Trader Joe's is my happy place & Target is the devil, but also my sanity, and I think most of us feel that way, or at least I tell myself so to make me feel like I do not have a problem ;) 
I veered way off topic there, but that's a wrap in regards to stocking stuffers: female edition. Stay tuned for what to get the men in your life (always feels impossible) and gift ideas for your little lady or gent (which seems to come way to naturally)! 

Oh and Happy first of December! It's official! Let the holiday festivities begin! And pass me a glass of eggnog while I dream about bundling up fireside listening to Christmas tunes. Don't let Monday beat you up too bad! Have a good one & don't forget! I'll be announcing the winner to the Freshly Picked Moccasins first thing tomorrow morning! We are almost to that 1,ooo followers mark which means an added surprise may be included! Keep it Classy!
xo

No comments: