11.18.2013

Mondays call for Comfort


This is one of my all time favorite recipes to make once the weather starts to cool down. What better way to start the week off than with the infamous 'fix-it-and-forget-it' pot roast? Thank the lord, cause I seriously don't want to do anything major on a monday. This particular recipe, I adopted from the food blog The Pioneer Woman. If you click that link, I'm warning you, you are in for a world of extremely delicious comfort food recipes and also maybe a heart attack. or diabetes. or both. 

It's a quick prep and a slow cook, but the best part is you don't have to do any of the cooking! Many people are partial to the crock-pot, but for this one I just stick to a good ol' fashioned conventional oven. The smell alone this dish gives off is a enough of an excuse to make it. Could they just come out with a pot roast candle already??? For a side dish I made sour cream and cheddar mashed potatoes because this recipe excludes potatoes (WTH??? I know) such fascists...Everybody knows a pot roast is simply not a pot roast without spuds!
 

No comments: