11.03.2013

November, we have arrived

So you are probably wondering, where the heck is Luca in his halloween apparel?! Yeah...remember this post where I said he'd have a "day" and "night" costume? Time slipped through my fingers and he ended up with only one costume. I got way too ahead of myself coming up with all these creative, unique ideas, and then totally blew it. I always forget to under promise, and over deliver, rather than vice-versa. Well anyways here's the short of it. Luca was supposed to be Walter White (shout out to all "Breaking Bad" fans!). I first got the idea because I had this sudden realization that my husband scarily resembles Jesse Pinkman as you can see here:
and then I came across this ridiculously cute photo on instagram, and had this grand idea for Miles and Luca to coordinate costumes and replicate it.
Can we all just take a moment to grieve how adorable it would have been?? *sigh*
And then Halloween was upon us...As I scrambled to think about how we could pull this off, I had an epiphany. I realized I wasn't super mom, Luca didn't neeeed two costumes, and I remembered Halloween would come again next year. 

Then this smiling dinosaur appeared and all my feelings of guilt disappeared.


Our Halloween was mellow. My sister and her boyfriend came over and we ordered in sushi. We didn't get any trick or treaters, and my grand plan to have halloween be this huge extravaganza fell far short of what I had in mind, but our night ended up being better than anything I could have stressed over planning. I didn't have to worry about hors d'oeuvres being elegantly plated, oven timers buzzing, or even dishes. I was able to enjoy everyones company and take in all the chunky cuteness of my baby dinosaur. 

The boys drank beer, my sister and I giggled over and over about this youtube video of a baby's emotional reaction to his mother singing, and we all had a grand ol' time. We tried to find "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown!" to watch on TV but shockingly, no one was playing it. Luca then proceeded to scream his dino head off for his eleven o'clock feeding. After about 10 minutes of listening to his ongoing ferocious roar while I fixed his bottle, we all decided it was time to call it a night. Even parents of dinosaurs have bedtimes you know...
Hope you all had a spectacular Halloween, and I hope you hit the jackpot in candy.

No comments: