11.09.2013

Stocking Stuffer Ideas

I'm sort of contradicting myself when I said a few posts ago that I like to take each holiday as they come, and this is true, but I also like to get my Christmas shopping done early so I can actually enjoy the holiday. There is nothing more chaotic than joining the rest of the world in the christmas shopping rat race where everyone is running around like headless chickens with peppermint lattes in one hand and overloaded visas in the other. And no one is really spreading holiday cheer, but rather grinching about trying to get that front row parking spot or pushing and shoving for the last furby on the shelf or what have you. Talk about a major anxiety attack.

 I'm planning on doing most of my shopping online this year. You can find amazing deals shopping online, not to mention have your order magically appear at your doorstep while you're watching "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" by the fire. What could beat that? Nothing.

There is nothing specific I really want this year. Last year I got my engagement ring, and after you get a gift like that, you really can't try and top it. This year I thought it would be fun to do nick-nacks in the stockings, and save our money to invest into our new home. I'm talking about Miles and I of course, you know Santa's gonna spoil Luca silly. It's Luca's first Christmas. Just the sound of that makes me want to bake some sugar cookies and prop him under the tree for a photo! Anyhow, below are some stocking stuffer ideas for the men and babies in your life. And I'd love to know, what are some of your favorite stocking stuffers?

Oh, and here, you can find some great ideas for wrapping your gifts in brown paper. I love the rustic look of brown wrapping paper. 
photo from Apartment Therapy




1Basic Black Socks socks are on my husband's favorite things of all time list. He goes through socks like crazy and he particularly loves the Nordstrom's black crew socks. So these are a staple in any gift I ever give him.
2 Wall Mount Bottle Opener for the beer lover in your life. I like it because you never have to fiddle around looking for a bottle opener. 
3 Tiger Balm  this is like crack for your sore muscles. It burns so good! My hubby would bathe in this stuff if he could. 
4 Drip Pot Coffee Maker this is cool for when you wanna make a small batch of coffee and you don't own a keurig. Miles is anti-keurig for whatever reason so I don't see us getting one anytime soon. But isn't it beautiful? How great would this kraft look on the table?! Ok so maybe it's more for me than him...but hey we both win!
5 Pocket Knife these come in handy more often than not. And you'll definitely be happy your husband has one when a packages comes in the mail. Why do they wrap those things like Chinese finger traps?
6 Spoon Garden Markers I have a black thumb so I'm thankful my husband's is green. These are great for differentiating your herbs, and add a touch of decor to your garden. 
7 Life Factory Water Bottle both my husband and I have and love these bottles. They keep you drinking water, come in tons of colors, and are Eco-friendly. One tip, order the new straw cap. It's wayyy better than the standard screw cap.


1 Sophie the Giraffe Teether this seems to be every baby's favorite teether these days. Luca has the mini vanilla version with grip handles, and I love that it's non-toxic.
2 Raz-berry silicone teether what a cute idea. My cousin's daughter has this and she loved it when she was pre-teething which is the stage Luca is at now. The kid could fill a swimming pool with all that drool. 
3 Boon Squirt Spoon very soon we'll have a baby who doesn't just drink bottles, and I've heard rave reviews on these spoons.
4 3 Sprouts Bath Toy Organizer because Luca's bath appliqués are all over the place.
5 B. Fun Keys I love the B. Brand toys, and I'm sure these keys will be no exception. These are for Luca, but they are also partly for me. I need to sign up for baby toys anonymous ASAP. Hi, I'm Chelsie and I'm a baby toy addict.
6 Oval Xylophone just like the one we all had as kids. They make a janky looking plastic one now, but the wood one is so much more classic. And the pretty gentle sounds the xylophone makes make this a sound bearable instrument for all the parents out there with tone deaf babies.
7 Ba Baby Bottle Holder I stumbled upon this randomly and may even buy it for Luca before Christmas gets here. He's so close to holding his own bottle but it's just a tad heavy for him. But let me tell you, he has grip like a gorilla. My poor post-partum head of hair knows.

Well there you have it. This is how we stuff stockings in the Wood household. Hope you enjoyed and got some good ideas! Happy Holidays!

No comments: