11.27.2013

Because his birthday just passed and I love him.


Monday was Miles' birthday! But we celebrated Sunday since he was going to have to work on his actual b-day. Our mexican themed celebration consisted of tacos (Miles' favorite food of all time), enchiladas, rice & beans, and of course margaritas! What's a fiesta without a margarita?!?! We did a spin on the traditional margarita and made beergaritas and they were a hit! I made coffee cake in jars for dessert and a fun time was had by all! This past year has really centered around me with the pregnancy and all, and I wanted to make sure Miles had a day devoted completely to him to celebrate just how wonderful he is and to let him know how very much we appreciate him. 
In honor of Miles turning 27, I wanted to make a list of 27 facts you may or may not know about my husband. So let us begin!

1: Miles is a master organizer (As in "Hoarders" the TV show worthy) He has a place for everything, and everything is always in its place. He is the cleanliest man, or person for that matter, I have ever met and I really admire this about him.
2: As organized as he is, he loves trinkets. He has a whole collection of random, unique items he couldn't pass up at the swap meet.
3: He changes his outfit at least 2 plus times in the morning and has more clothes than me.
4: He has a green thumb like nobody's business and he loves plants and gardening.
5: He is obsessed with black socks. Obsessed. He has at least 30 pairs and counting.
6: He's probably the nicest person you've ever met. He'd do anything for anyone and I'm not exaggerating.
7: He's absolutely crazy about our little boy. (I'd like to think I'm a close-runner up, though)
8: He's a constant mover, hence his sign as a Sagittarius. If he's not doing something new, he's miserable.
9: He up and moved to Europe for a year, and traveled all over. His favorite country was Spain. He talks about Barcelona constantly.
10: He hates Thanksgiving stuffing. (I know, I know... it's the best part, right?!)
11: Once he's made up his mind about something, there is no stopping him. He thinks he can do anything, which is why he can.
12: He's an extremely hard worker and always puts in more than what is expected of him.
13: Skateboarding is his passion. He lives, breathes, and loves all things skateboarding. He's on his board every chance he gets. 
14: He tells it like it is. There's never any sugar-coating with this guy. 
15: His mom mails him his favorite brownies all the way from Rhode Island every year on his birthday. And every year he lights up as soon as he sees those foil wrapped chocolate treats.
16: He loves photography. And he's a great photographer. He takes photos of everything, and I love this because we always have so many photos to look back on.
17: He leaves me random love notes to wake up to regularly, and it never gets old. 
18: When he is hungry, you know it.
19: He also has the fastest metabolism ever. I'm jealous. He can eat whatever he wants and somehow he always has a six-pack.
20: He always supports any project I take on. He believes in my work more than I do sometimes. He's my biggest fan.
21: He has one rule, "waste not," and he's true to it.
22: He is an amazing friend. His friends are his family.
23: He has a soft spot for dogs.
24: He's a major coffee drinker. Has to have his cup every morning, but hates the Keurig machines.
25: He was born in Queens New York. 
26: He firmly believes that words are things, and constantly practices the law of attraction.
27: He has a wife who absolutely adores him and was completely taken back when he asked her to marry him. Her jaw is still dropped.

Happy Birthday babe, can't wait to share many many more.
xo.

No comments: