4.23.2013

A moment on the lips...forever on the hips.

We usually eat pretty healthily, which is why I didn't feel guilty when the other night my craving headed in the direction of a diabetic's death wish. I was desperately longing for a Cinnabon. Miles liked my style and suggested we go to the market and scoop some up. I declined. I wanted the ooey-gooey, melt in your mouth, would-you-like-a-cinnamon-roll-with-all-that-butter type and I just knew Vons down the road would not be stocked with what I had in mind.  I'm not even going to try and blame my pregnancy this time, I would have just as much enjoyed these pinwheels of frosted deliciousness even if I wasn't expecting. Miles can bear witness that my cinnabons are impossible to deny (no pun intended)--although, I'm pretty sure my actual buns are packing some extra bulk after indulging in these.  With no solution other than to take matters into my own hands, I found an amazing Cinnabon-imitation recipe here. A couple sticks of butter, a profusion of sugar, and three hours later, my mock Cinnabon cinnamon rolls were born. And how sweet they were... 



No comments: