4.25.2013

Is it friday yet?

Today I'm taking a "lazy day." After a restless night, I feel too tired to do anything but write this post and I promised myself I wouldn't feel guilty about it. Poor Miles is having his first ever bout with seasonal allergies and can't stop sniffling and sneezing, but off to work he went.

Our bathroom flooring is currently being replaced. I was about to hop in the shower one evening and I felt the floor sinking under my right foot. Our landlord had someone come rip the flooring out on Tuesday only to leave it completely in ruins for the night with lots of termites and mildewed cement to keep us company. Miles and I felt like we were at some sort of campground as we 'rubber sandaled' it to and from the shower and toilet. It really says something when you're brushing your teeth with flip flops on at 10:30 at night and a sleeping bag isn't your next destination. Anyhow, they came yesterday and laid down some wood floorboards, mending the unevenness of the floor, yet still leaving our feet potential victims to splinters and loose nails.  Lucky for Miles, he just so happened to get a tetanus shot two days ago. As for me, let's hope I won't need one in the near future. Still no word as to when we will have flooring again, but with a roof over our heads, and the beach just a mile or two away, I cannot complain...

It is times like these when my mind escapes to the day Miles and I will own our own home. I don't know where it will be or when it will happen, but I know it will have lots of open windows that look out over our vegetable garden into a green abyss.  I will have my own library and crafting nook, while Miles will have his own skate ramp and ledges. I can envision myself reading storybooks to our son in our backyard with Miles napping in a hammock across the way. Ahhh yes, this is the life we are cut out for: 

(1)


 
(2)


(3)


(4)
pictures via pinterest. 


chelsie

No comments: