4.30.2013

Growing.

Yesterday evening we spotted the first green sprouts of the grass we planted! Miles felt so accomplished, and I reveled in joy with him. This encouraged me to start my spring cleaning. I've been reorganizing our little space, making room for the baby. Is it too soon to be nesting? I'm at the stage in my pregnancy where day by day it is becoming more and more real that this is actually happening. Sometimes I feel like time has flown by, while in other instances I can't remember a time when I wasn't pregnant. In reality, time is really flying though, and in no time at all life as we know it will be completely changed.

One of my favorite authors, Kurt Vonnegut, once offered advice saying: "And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is." He observed that humans seldom notice when they are happy. Well it is about time I offer my own happiness some brainspace; I can honestly say I can't think of a time I've been happier, or a time I've been more proud to be alive. Whether it is budding grass or Miles and I in our life path, things wont stop growing around here, and I couldn't be more gratified. And I keep thinking, "If this isn't nice, I don't know what is."

Sending endless wishes of happiness your way...



No comments: