4.22.2013

Let them eat cheesecake.


Yesterday, Miles and his green thumb got a jump start on Earth Day. He tilled the soil and planted some grass seed in the planter box in front of our house. It looks so much better without all the mulch and mushrooms that claimed it home before.  I slept in as long as my bladder would allow me to, which at this stage in my pregnancy isn't very late. Our birthing class instructor tells us to view our lack of sleep as preparation for when the baby comes. As much sense as that makes, I somehow think it'll be much less annoying waking up to soothe my baby rather than to release my bladder for the gazillionth time.


Later in the day we went to the mall and came up on some whimsical floral plates and a new cheese grater. Back in my early college days when I was rubbing together nickels and dimes, I cheaped out and bought a mini cheese grater. I have been regretting it everyday since. It really says something when the cheese block is more than double the size of your grater. Anyway, I finally gave in and bought a grater designed for full sized humans.

Following our purchases we decided to stop for a slice of cheesecake. We couldn't agree on a flavor, so we ended up with two slices against my recommendation to split one. Afterwards, Miles wished he would have listened to me! Either way, they were delicious. Here they are in all their white chocolate macadamia nut and fresh strawberry glory.



No comments: