4.20.2013

Embarking on a new journey...

My blogging skills haven't been so successful in the past, so don't be too shocked if this too falls to shambles, but I thought I would try once again to tackle a new project. The idea is for me document the life and times of my growing family. I thought it would be neat to journal about everyday happenings and events as a means to have something to look back on in a year, two, or three from now, and as an added bonus I can keep everyone in my life updated as to what I am up to these days, especially those who I may not see so often.

So for those who may need a quick briefing:
I finished school at Cal State San Marcos about a year ago and am now currently working as a life insurance agent under an independent broker--not exactly what I earned my degree in, but it pays the bills, so I can't complain. Miles is working for a company called the Kayo Corp., a skateboarding manufacturing company that houses four major skateboarding brands. He loves it, and the fact that it immerses him daily in the industry he most adores is an added perk. My grandfather once told me, "do what you love and you'll never work a day in your life," so cheers to you grandpa Ray, I think Miles may be on to something.

Miles and I were engaged in December and married on February 9th. I got real "Khloe and Lamar Odom" with my wedding planning seeing as I put it all together in approximately 3.5 weeks. Did I just make a Kardashian reference in my first post? Well, that pretty much sums up the randomness you may come across while exploring this thing. And I'm not even going to apologize; don't say you weren't warned! Also, we are with child, physically speaking anyway. I am 27 weeks today and we are due on July 20th although realistically he can come anytime in the month of July and still be full term. Oh yes, we are having a baby boy! We are very ecstatic to be starting our little family.
 The past year has brought with it so many changes and new beginnings, and as I reflect on all that has happened, I also welcome all the many things that have never been.

I hope everyone is doing well, and I really am going to try and update this blog on a regular basis. Time will tell.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are too cute Chels. I'm happy you are doing well. I'm sad we have lost some contact through the years. But I just want you to know I am thinking of you. Congratulations on your pregnancy. I can't wait for your son to arrive and to see the photos.
<3 Laura Dunham

Trisha said...

Wishing you the VERY BEST in your writing endeavor, dear Chelsie! You know I will be reading all of it because I just wanna stay connected to you, Miles and Li'l Luca as much as I can...ha ha!

Love you to pieces!!! xoxox