4.21.2013

Stonesteps Beach and Topper Soil.

With the amazing weather outside calling our names, we just knew we had to make our way to the beach. After discussing which beaches I have yet to have seen, we settled on Stonesteps. Miles is a north county native and has covered nearly every square inch from Encinitas to El Cajon and so I have complete faith in his beach-picking judgement. We threw on our suits, lathered up on the SPF, and off we went.


Miles went for a quick swim. I attempted to join him, but only ended up making it knee deep as the water was painfully cold. We walked along the beach, collected a few shells, and Miles even found a really cool looking piece of washed up coral. As we walked, we talked about how fast time has flown by and how hard it is to believe that we only have 12 more weeks before the baby arrives. We both were enlivened at the thought of me no longer having to struggle with morning sickness and how much more freedom that would bring me. Oh how I cannot wait to feel like myself again!


As we made it back to our belongings there was a wedding proceeding on the shore. I thought about how great my wedding day was just two months prior and just how great marriage is. I grabbed Miles' hand. As happy as I am to be starting a new chapter, I'm trying to relish in the time we still have as 'just the two of us.'


Later in the evening we went and bought some topper soil so tomorrow we could plant some grass in front of our house. As you can see, I let Miles do all the heavy lifting, but of course I offered eleven soil bags worth of moral support.


Another beautiful day comes to an end in sunny Encinitas, another one for the books I might add. I must say my books seem to be getting awfully full these days. A home in paradise, a stomach full of food, a bun in the oven, and a superb husband. Life is good.

No comments: