5.13.2013

A Good Day.

Although our baby wasn't here in time for mother's day, Miles still made a special day of it for me.  I awoke to the smell of homemade waffles, and a lovely bouquet of purple orchids on my nightstand. I then wandered into the kitchen to find a second bouquet of vibrant orange sunflowers and magenta colored daisies. He said he couldn't decide which flowers I would like more so he went for both, one of the many reasons I love him. Already feeling entirely too spoiled for it not to be my birthday or something, and following one of the best breakfasts I've ever eaten, Miles gave me a beautiful silver necklace strung with an "L" pendant for baby 'Luca' and I was as pleased as punch.

Miles asked me what I wanted to do for the rest of the day and I decided I wanted to stay in and keep things low-key with a puzzle.  In reaction to my answer, he looked pretty puzzled himself, but went along with it anyway. We picked out a 550-piecer that ended up taking us the rest of the day to finish. Luckily I'm no amateur to a challenging puzzle, and we were able to complete it just before midnight. I got so entranced by the thing, I completely skipped dinner (see what I mean by "no amateur").  I thought punching in the last piece would feel like more of an accomplishment than it did, but the killer back pain I had from hunching over the puzzle all evening really dimmed my enthusiasm. I still felt fulfilled though, as I laid down to sleep. Miles was already half-out as I kissed him goodnight. What a day I had, I closed my eyes and drifted off. If this is what mother's days are like, I cannot wait to enjoy many many more.










No comments: