5.20.2013

Getting Showered.

Over the weekend, my mom's side of the family threw me a wonderful baby shower up in Riverside. Naturally, it was a girls only soirée so Miles went with my uncle and cousin to the Angels game where they showered themselves in hot dogs and beers. I love me a girls day, and when you put that group of women together, there is no doubt it will be a good time. Of course the best part of the day was being able to see all of my beautiful family and friends, and with the delicious food and amazing weather, the day just could not have been more perfect.

There is no denying it, this baby got totally spoiled. He was given tons of beautiful clothes and toys, and both of my grandmothers handmade him blankets, one crocheted and the other one quilted; they were so intricate and personal, and I just know he'll treasure them forever. Everyone included in their gifts their favorite baby book to jumpstart Luca's book collection, remember "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" and "The Bernstein Bears?!" Oh I cannot wait to re-experience all of those classic stories again that brought such joy to my own childhood. What a great idea that was, and so appropriate for this literature enthusiast :)

My cousin's girlfriend, Vivian, made cake pops that were too cute to eat (well apparently not cute enough because everyone gobbled them right up)! And my sister brought cupcakes adorned with adorable little lions. Yeah, we indulged, and it tasted so so good. We also played a few games, my favorite of which was one where everyone took headshots of Miles and I and they cut and morphed them together to try and predict what our baby will look like. It was too funny, and yet really scary at the same time. It definitely was enough to trigger those third trimester nightmares where you dream your baby comes out with a mullet and three eyes or something hideously ridiculous. To my relief, they spared me of the "guess how big mommy's tummy is" game, and I thanked them. Whoever came up with that one must have never flaunted a pregnant belly before. I nearly cried as I surpassed Miles in weight recently and am beginning to lose sight of my toes, need I a reminder of how round I am? I think the pregnant waddle speaks for itself.

Tons of girl talk took place, and everyone offered valuable motherly advice and encouragement I know I'll be needing really soon. With the intense emotions and hardships I've been going through with this pregnancy, it was so nice to be surrounded by women who know exactly how I feel and who have been through it before. That night I felt strengthened and renewed and even got a little pep in my step to get me through these final weeks. I am a lucky lady who is so fortunate to be loved by so many great women. I was so overwhelmed by everyone's generosity and support, I now feel really ready to bring this little one into the world!




The matriarchs


As seen here, all attendees had a great time!



No comments: