11.02.2014

A Happy Belated Halloween!


I know, shame on me, I'm a few days late, but after all the halloween activities, pumpkin carving, packing up the all hallow's eve decor, and then balancing life in between I am just now having the time to sit down and wish you all a very happy belated Halloween! I hope it lived up to all your great expectations and I hope you trick-or-treated enough candy to last you the rest of the year like we did :) 
Our neighborhood had maybe a grand total of 5 trick-or-treaters and I am happy to announce 4 of the 5 kids were dressed up like Disney's Frozen Princesses as predicted & promised by many news stations. I'm not sure about all that hype, but Luca stuck with the Disney theme and dressed up as Carl Fredricksen from the Pixar movie "Up." And let me tell you, he was a show-stopper! The people loved him! The struggle I came across, however, was snapping a photo. I did indeed get one, but please excuse its being a tad bit blurry, it was nearly impossible to get Lu to keep the hat and glasses on. As the saying goes, beggars can't be choosers so I took what I could get & what I got was pretty darn cute! We made a good round about our block and people were shoveling handfuls upon handfuls of candy into Luca's bucket. They apparently had a sparse amount of trick-or-treaters themselves & didn't want to be stuck with butt loads of candy. If they only knew we were in the same predicament...I, at one point, had to run home to grab a pillow case to hold all the candy Luca was getting. We ended up with pounds of candy & my students will be very happy come tomorrow morning as I let them take all that sugary temptation off my hands! 
My wonderful father-in-law came out to spend Halloween with us and he brought with him tons of treats & played with Luca while I finished putting together Luca's costume. I love watching their relationship evolve. Miles doesn't have very much family and the little he has lives clear across the states with the exception of his dad, so we are always so so happy to have him here & we are extremely grateful for his living close enough to have that amazing relationship with Lu.
Welp, that was about it for Luca's second Halloween! Don't forget to set your clocks back or you may show up an hour early for work! I'm loving the time change and the cooler weather--Now let's just hope the cold is here to stay!
Signing off, Mr. Fredricksen and Mr. Fredricksen's smitten mother

No comments: