12.17.2013

These are a few of my favorite things...

Here's a breakdown of things that are making my holidays a bit brighter:

1. This cold and dry weather we are having has my hands & knuckles turning into a cracked & painful mess. The best remedy I've found yet is Aveda hand relief cream with a few droplets of Aveda beautifying composition mixed in. The beautifying composition is one of my favorite items of all time. I first started using it as a belly balm when I was pregnant with Luca and didn't get a single stretch mark! Then I found out you can use it in your hair, mixed with lotion, in your bath, etc. It's so versatile & a little goes a long way, so you can stretch out your bottle to last you months!

2. Starbucks' vanilla cream. It's like white hot chocolate. It is so good but it's pretty sweet, so I usually just go with a tall & that satisfies my sweet tooth. Notice they spelt my name wrong, grrr this always happens to me! Also notice my adorable christmas lights hanging on my dash, love them. Found those at the dollar tree! Ah I love a bargain!
3. A mini impromptu photo shoot Lu and I had. You can never have enough photos, ever. I've learned throughout the years to love taking photos because even if you don't think you look so great, ten years from now you'll see that picture and think "damn, I was looking pretty good then!" Plus, I want Luca to have tons of photos to look back on as he grows up. It all happens in the blink of an eye & I want to capture it all! 


4. The keys to our new house! We finally got them, and my oh my do we have our work cut out for us! But it is totally exciting. I can't wait to document that whole journey on here. Im hoping to be in by the end of January, we shall see...
5. The Eivor throw blanket from Ikea. Its basic black and white stripes and will go great in my new house. I just recently got the lappljung ruta pillow from there and it will compliment it perfectly! 
6. The Festival of Lights at the Mission Inn. I can't wait for us to take Luca strolling through to see all the pretty lights. Every year the mission inn goes all out with their light and decoration display. They have an ice skating rink, a  couple of reindeer, and best of all Gingerbread house hot chocolate! As you walk through it always smells of cinnamon, evergreen, and funnel cakes, just as Christmas should!

I can't believe Christmas is already next week! I better get to my wrapping. (*cough*cough* I mean, I hope Santa has his gifts all wrapped and ready!) Weird to think I'm Santa now! Can't say I'm not honored, been working on that title for a long time now ;) 

Though it's been said many times, many ways, Merry Christmas to you <333


No comments: