12.16.2013

Tis' the season to be Pretzel Dipping

This week I went to town hand-dipping pretzels in chocolate. These make for great little gifts and everyone appreciates something homemade. I can't wait for next year when Luca will be able to participate in all the fun holiday baking and activities. Right now he just drools.
 Luca sat and watched me & together we listened to Frank Sinatra's Christmas album. We also cranked the heater up while one by one I dipped & ate sprinkled each pretzel. It was super fun and messy & I'm still finding sprinkles in my hair, on the floor, in Luca's diaper, they are everywhere...
 I packaged them in pretty cellophane and tied them off with a bow. Now to find each one of them a home. Somehow I know this will be the easy part ;)




If you want to try out the recipe for yourself it goes something like this:
-Grab a bag of of white chocolate chips or milk chocolate chips and poor the whole bag into a bowl
-Microwave for 75 seconds and stir until completely melted (microwave for an additional 15 seconds if necessary)
-Take a coffee filter and poor a crap load of sprinkles into it
-Take each pretzel and dip into chocolate 
-Dip chocolate covered pretzel into sprinkles 
-Set pretzels on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and freeze for about 10 minutes
-Package and enjoy!
I know this face looks like I slipped a few chocolate morsels into Luca's oatmeal, but I promise I didn't, he was just happy he didn't have to help clean up the mess or hear me sing "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" one more time. The kid has no idea how good he has it.
That's all for now folks, fa-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la. I just love the holidays.
xo

No comments: